Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
- It's Terex's army versus Black Squadron—and Black Squadron is outnumbered!
- Plus, Poe is stranded with only a battle-reluctant commando droid between him and his enemies.
- Snap Wexley may have a trick or two up his sleeve to help Black Leader fight!
Plot summary[edit | edit source]
With N1-ZX unwilling to fight the Ranc gang, Poe Dameron contacts Temmin for help. After learning that N1-ZX is a BX-series droid commando, Temmin transmits a droid personality template carrying his former B1-series battle droid Mister Bones's personality into Poe's comlink. He flashes the comlink against N1-ZX's transmitter, causing the droid to assume Mister Bones' personality. "Mister Bones" slaughters the Ranc gang while Temmin tells Poe abut his childhood.
Back in space, Karé's X-wing is hit. Three "Uglies" move in to for the kill but Karé is saved at the eleventh hour when Terex's flagship Carrion Spike inexplicably begins bombarding the smaller fighters. Terex's crew including Brrang discover that someone has locked them out of their control systems and has launched the ship's escape pods. This someone turns out to be Oddy Muva and the liberated slaves, who have escaped Terex's ship. Oddy tells Black Squadron to provide firing cover for them to reach the surface.
Meanwhile, "Mister Bones" celebrates his victory only to be shot and then beheaded by Terex, who demands that Poe surrender. Poe however knocks Terex to the ground and confronts him with his blaster. Back in space, Black Squadron try to protect the escape pods from Terex's "Uglies." One of the "Uglies" destroyes an escape pod, prompting an enraged L'ulo to shoot down the ship. Oddy comforts his wife Sowa as their escape pod descends into the desert. L'ulo's A-wing starfighter is destroyed by an "Ugly."
Back in the cave, Terex hurls a knife into Poe's hand, causing him to drop the gun. Before Terex can finish him off with a vibroblade, BB-8 electrocutes him. Poe thanks BB-8 while the gangsters retake control of the Carrion Spike's systems and launched a renewd attack on Black Squadron. Meanwhile, three escape pods approach the desert planet's surface. Temmin detects a First Order Maxima-A class heavy cruiser and TIE/fo space superiority fighter exiting hyperspace. The First Order ships destroy the Carrion Spike and Terex's "Uglies."
The First Order also deploys an Atmospheric Assault Lander and several TIE escorts to the surface of the desert planet. Poe and BB-8 are greeted by Commander Malarus, who reveals that she has come to apprehend the recalcitrant Terex, who has been acting outside the First Order's structure. Poe plays a message from Temmin reporting that Terex's fleet including the Carrion Spike has been destroyed. When Terex responds that Poe lost one of his fighter pilots, Poe counters that he lost a friend while Terex lost "everything." Before handing Terex over to Commander Malarus and her stormtroopers, he tells Terex that his fight is over while his is just getting started.
Media[edit | edit source]
Cover gallery[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Collections[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- MARVEL COMICS FULL APRIL 2017 Solicitations. Newsarama (2017-01-24). Archived from the original on March 26, 2020. Retrieved on January 24, 2017.
- Marvel: Preview on Poe Dameron #13. Jedi-Bibliothek (2017-04-14). Archived from the original on September 22, 2017. Retrieved on April 14, 2017.
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary states that Poe Dameron began leading Black Squadron on missions two years before the Starkiller Incident, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY. The mission to Megalox Beta immediately follows the mission to Ovanis as established by Poe Dameron 3. According to a timeline shown at D23 Expo 2019, Star Wars Resistance – "The Recruit" takes place one year prior to the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary places "The Force Awakens" in 34 ABY, meaning Star Wars Resistance – "The Recruit" takes place in 33 ABY. As the events of Star Wars: Poe Dameron occur before the events of Star Wars Resistance, this issue must occur between 32 ABY and 33 ABY.