Poe Dameron 3 is the third issue of the Marvel comic book series Star Wars: Poe Dameron, set before the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. The issue, released on June 8, 2016, is written by Charles Soule, with art by Phil Noto.
- The First Order has caught up with Poe's X-wing squadron!
- Agent Terex has them boxed into a corner!
- Then…the egg starts to hatch.
Terex continued his interrogation of Dameron, but Dameron refused to reveal the information. Above ground, Black Squadron attempted to escape while the TIE fighters fired on them. They flew down into the canyons.
Underground, the egg hatched in a blinding white light. A winged creature emerged, but instead of responding to the Crèche elder's request for salvation, it hit her with its wing. Dameron pretended to try to punch Terex, but instead steals his blaster.
Underground, stormtroopers fired on the creature, but they were unable to injure it. It reached down and attempted to eat the elder, but was stopped by a darker member of the same species. The two wrestled while Terex knocked the blaster out of Dameron's hand and realized that the Crèche have information Dameron needs. The two creatures grew in size, breaking through the rock ceiling and knocking down rubble that crushed the stormtroopers. While Terex was distracted, BB-8 electrocuted him.
The creatures interrupted the fight between Black Squadron and the TIE fighters, and Black Squadron flew down through the hole. The darker creature breathed a beam of red energy that pierced the lighter creature, killing it.
The Crèche took the blasters and forced Terex and the remaining stormtroopers to surrender. The elder realized the surviving creature is the actual savior, and it flew away with the Crèche on its back. Black Squadron leaves, calling the First Order cruiser to pick up Terex as they depart. The squadron follows their next lead on Lor San Tekka.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Marvel Comics Full JUNE 2016 Solicitations. Newsarama (March 22, 2016). Retrieved on March 22, 2016.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Lettered preview on Buzz Comics
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary states that Poe Dameron began leading Black Squadron on missions two years before the Starkiller Incident, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY As this issue shows Black Squadron's first mission, it must take place in 32 ABY.
- Marvel Comics Full JUNE 2016 Solicitations. Newsarama (March 22, 2016). Retrieved on March 22, 2016.