- Poe Dameron is on a secret mission from General Organa herself…
- …to escort none other than C-3PO on a dangerous mission to the planet Kaddak!
- Also: a sneak peek into Terex's past…
On the Outer Rim world of Kaddak, Poe Dameron along with the technician Oddy Muva, the protocol droid C-3PO, and the astromech droid R2-D2 began searching for the droid spy. Shortly after landing, the Resistance agents see a person being thrown to his death, emphasizing Kaddak's reputation as as seedy, crime have.
As Terex walks through the streets of The Sliver on Level 72, a Zabrak child attempted to steal from him. Terex caught the child, but the mother quickly apologized. Terex contemplates shooting the child but instead shows mercy and gives him a credit chip. At a bar, the customers are shocked at Terex's return. He walks to his favorite table, where decades earlier Corlac brought him to meet with Wenda and Bett.
Corlac claims Wenda and Bett would help them bring back the Empire, and Terex revealed that he used to work at base defense at the shipyard on Rothana before he was reassigned to Jakku. They formulated a plan to go to Rothana, take the remaining ships, and quietly send messages to the remaining Imperials to build a fleet and rebuild the Empire. Wenda and Bett would help them in return for unusable parts for their salvage and repair operation.
Back in the present day, C-3PO waited for an operative that had information about the droid spy. He mentioned Han Solo, attracting the attention of Kanjiklub nearby. The operative, a mouse droid, arrived, and downloaded the information into BB-8. Meanwhile, Kanjiklub met with the Guavian Death Gang, and the rival organizations agreed to work together due to their mutual hatred of Solo. BB-8 revealed that the droid spy is being held by the Rancs, an especially dangerous organization.
In the bar, Terex met with the Rancs and their leader, Wisper. In the past, Terex gained access to the repair bay on Rothana, and Wisper led her team in.
In the present day, Wisper welcomed Terex back, but drew her blaster when he revealed he wanted to take back control of the Rancs. He drew a blade, forcing her to drop the blaster. She claimed that she was the leader after he gave her control and joined the First Order, but Terex pointed out that none of the Rancs had killed him. Wisper pleaded with them to follow her, but Zumgi shot her and welcomed Terex.
C-3PO led the way to the Ranc base, while Dameron warned Muva to stay alert. C-3PO spoke with a man about the droid, but the man drew a blaster and stunned Dameron.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Marvel Comics DECEMBER 2016 SOLICITATIONS. Newsarama (2016-09-20). Retrieved on September 21, 2016.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Marvel: Preview on Poe Dameron #9. Jedi-Bibliothek (2016-12-09). Retrieved on July 27, 2017.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary states that Poe Dameron began leading Black Squadron on missions two years before the Starkiller Incident, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY. The mission to Megalox Beta immediately follows the mission to Ovanis as established by Poe Dameron 3. According to a timeline shown at D23 Expo 2019, Star Wars Resistance – "The Recruit" takes place one year prior to the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary places "The Force Awakens" in 34 ABY, meaning Star Wars Resistance – "The Recruit" takes place in 33 ABY. As the events of Star Wars: Poe Dameron occur before the events of Star Wars Resistance, this issue must occur between 32 ABY and 33 ABY.