Pollillus was a Core Worlds planet. It was the homeworld of the two-headed sentient Troigs, including the famous sportscaster Fodesinbeed Annodue. By 32 BBY, the planet had only recently been discovered by the galactic community. A decade later, HoloNet News reported on the efforts of one of the heads of the Pollillus Troig Dwuirsintabb to become surgically separated from the other head.
Pollillus' surface featured several landmasses, which appeared green-colored when viewed from space, and numerous interconnected bodies of water. There were no predatory creatures on Pollillus that could have sprung surprise attacks on the evolutionary ancestors of Troigs, the planet's native sentient species.
The Vannell system, including Pollillus, was first discovered by the wider galactic community not long before the Battle of Naboo in 32 BBY. When ambassadors of the Galactic Republic visited Pollillus, a number of curious Troigs left their homeworld aboard departing transport starships.
Among those early emigrants were the male Fodesinbeed Annodue, who, eager to explore the galaxy, boarded one of the earliest vessels to leave the planet. Annodue eventually became a sportscaster and one of the most famous Troigs to leave Pollillus.
By the date 13:4:4, Dwuirsintabb, a Troig resident of Pollillus, attracted media attention when one of the Troig's heads, Dwuir, wished to become surgically separated from the other head, Tabb. Dwuir sought medical assistance from off-world, and the case was reported on from Pollillus by the HoloNet News.
Pollillus was the homeworld of the two-headed Troigs, a unique sentient species, members of which used a distinct language in communication on their home planet. Pollillus was the site of the settlement known as the Twin Cities, although the planet was generally considered to be technology-poor.
Behind the scenesEdit
Pollillus was first mentioned in the 2000 "Fode and Beed" pack of the Star Wars: Power of the Jedi Hasbro toy line. The planet was provided its visual depiction in the 2006 reference book The New Essential Guide to Alien Species, which was illustrated by Chris Trevas and William O'Connor. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Vannell system, and therefore Pollillus, within grid square J-10.
- (Mentioned only)
- (First mentioned)
- Secrets of Tatooine
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 121 (TRO1-2, Troigs)
- Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species (First pictured)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Vannell system — Based on corresponding data for
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Secrets of Tatooine
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III, p. 264 ("Troig")
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 The Official Star Wars Fact File 121 (TRO1-2, Troigs)
- ↑ The Official Star Wars Fact File 121 (TRO1-2, Troigs) states that the Vannell system had been discovered "recently" by 32 BBY and mentions that Fodesinbeed Annodue was one of the first Troigs to leave Pollillus. Since Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace depicts Annodue being on Tatooine shortly before the Battle of Naboo, which The New Essential Chronology dates to 32 BBY, the discovery of the Vannell system must have taken place not long before the battle.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas