Porter Engle, known as the Blade of Bardotta, was a Ikkrukkian male Jedi Master and cook who lived during the High Republic Era. Sporting an enormous beard, Engle was once a legend within the Jedi Order. At some point he captured the Hutt Clan enforcer Ola Hest at Gardulla's Palace after the Ottegan had brought down a children's hospital on Novor. Eventually Engle stepped down to become a humble cook, becoming known for his recipes, such as Nine-Egg Stew. During the Great Hyperspace Disaster, he was stationed at the Jedi Outpost on Elphrona.
When the Nihil kidnapped the wealthy Blythe family on Elphrona, Engle aided fellow Jedi Indeera Stokes, Loden Greatstorm and Padawan Bell Zettifar in a mission to rescue the family, a mission that was only partially successful.
- The High Republic: Light of the Jedi (First appearance, simultaneous with The High Republic: Light of the Jedi audiobook)
- The High Republic: Light of the Jedi audiobook
- The High Republic: The Rising Storm
- The High Republic: The Rising Storm audiobook
- The High Republic: Tempest Runner (Mentioned only)
- The High Republic Adventures Annual 2021
Notes and references
- The Star Wars Book dates the launch of the Starlight Beacon, depicted in The High Republic: Light of the Jedi, to 232 years before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which corresponds to 232 BBY in the dating system established by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. As Porter Engle is stated to be roughly 300 years old in Light of the Jedi, he must have been born around 532 BBY.
- The High Republic: Light of the Jedi
- The High Republic: Tempest Runner