The post-Imperial era was a period of time that followed the Imperial Period, which began in 19 BBY and ended at some point by 18 ABY. In contrast, the calendar used in the chronology of the Tapani sector placed the beginning and end of the Imperial Period in 31 BBY and 4 ABY, respectively.
The post-Imperial era saw such major galactic events as: the end of the Galactic Civil War; the invasion of the galaxy by the extra-galactic Yuuzhan Vong; the collapse of the New Republic; the establishment of the Galactic Alliance; its supplantation by the Fel Empire and Darth Krayt's Galactic Empire; and the rise of the Galactic Federation Triumvirate.
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Essential Atlas (Indirect mention only)
- The Essential Guide to Warfare (First identified as Post-Imperial era)
Notes and references
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Essential Reader's Companion dates the events of the Star Wars: The Corellian Trilogy, which includes Showdown at Centerpoint, to 18 ABY, and the Imperial Period had ended at some point prior to the events of the latter work.
- Lords of the Expanse
- According to the Tapani calendar mentioned in Lords of the Expanse, the Imperial Period began and ended thirty-four years before and one year after the Battle of Hoth, respectively. Since The New Essential Chronology places that battle in 3 ABY, the beginning and end dates for the Imperial Period correspond to 31 BBY and 4 ABY.
- Legacy—War 6