Praesitlyn was a planet in the Sluis sector of the Outer Rim. It was the location of the Intergalactic Communications Center, a major HoloNet hub in the galaxy. The Communications Center became a strategic asset during the Clone Wars, leading to the fierce Battle of Praesitlyn.
Description[edit | edit source]
Praesitlyn was located along the Rimma Trade Route, in the Sluis sector of the Outer Rim Territories. It was localized within 60 light-year of Bpfassh. The forested planet was home of the Intergalactic Communications Center, which acted as a key HoloNet relay for the Galactic Republic, Galactic Empire, and New Republic. The center was located 150 kilometers from the center of a major continent. The planet was buffeted by sudden dust storms.
History[edit | edit source]
Clone Wars[edit | edit source]
- "As we speak, a fleet of one hundred twenty-six ships, seventy-five of them capital ships, is investing Sluis Van to block any reinforcements from that sector. I am at this very moment landing a force of fifty thousand battle droids on Praesitlyn in a feint to divert the garrison from the Intergalactic Communications Center. When that operation is fully under way, I will land the main force, composed of, give or take, a million battle droids, crush the defenders in a containment maneuver, and capture the center intact. I have two hundred ships in my invasion fleet. This operation cannot possibly fail. I guarantee you that within twenty-four standard hours of the commencement of Operation Case White, Praesitlyn will be ours. We will sit firmly astride the communications link that connects the worlds of the Republic. Our forces will be poised at this strategic crossroads to strike without warning at any of the Republic's allies. Most important, our control of Praesitlyn will be a vibroblade thrust directly at Coruscant itself. This is the move that will win the war for us. They'll never know what hit them, those technicians down there and their security forces. They'll soon all be dead-or be assets belonging to us."
- ―Admiral Pors Tonith, to Asajj Ventress
The Praesitlyn system seceded with the entire Sluis sector from the Republic to join the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Separatist Crisis. However, the Intergalactic Communications Center remained under Republic control. A few time later, agents of Eriadu Customs and Immigration apprehended the freighter Tandleroff's Trove while it was passing through Phelar Port on Eriadu. They found 144 hailfire droids destined to Praesitlyn.
At some point during the Clone Wars, the Republic recaptured Praesitlyn. As the planet had few defenses, the Republic considered to dispatch reinforcements from the nearby Sluis Van Shipyards. Nevertheless, the Separatists responded by a major offensive against Praesitlyn, combined with the blockade of Sluis Van. Due to the intense fightings at Praesitlyn and the neighboring systems during the war, one of the main theaters of the Outer Rim Sieges was named after the planet.
During the Separatist attempt to conquer the planet and the communications center, a fleet of 200 starships and a ground force of 50,000 battle droids under the commander of Admiral Pors Tonith invaded the system. They were opposed by the Praesitlyn Defense Force, the Sons and Daughters of Freedom mercenary group led by Zozridor Slayke, and clone trooper reinforcements led by Jedi Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Nejaa Halcyon. In several weeks of fighting, the Separatists were expelled in the Battle of Praesitlyn, leading to Anakin Skywalker's elevation to Jedi Knight.
Later history[edit | edit source]
The Intergalactic Communications Center remained in use during the New Republic era. By the time of the Black Fleet Crisis, Praesitlyn was represented in the New Republic Senate by Senator Zilar.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- "CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch 14:9:08 Edition"—Star Wars Insider 69
- Jedi Trial
- Labyrinth of Evil (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Rebellion (First appearance)
- Heir to the Empire (First mentioned)
- Shield of Lies (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- The Essential Guide to Warfare