Behind the scenes
The Praetor-class Star Battlecruiser was first mentioned in the new Star Wars canon in Star Wars: Complete Locations, a 2016 reference book. In the Star Wars Legends continuity, the Praetor class was first mentioned in the 2004 reference book Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy, written by James Luceno.
It was first identified as the Praetor-class battle cruiser in the 2008 reference book The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, and was further identified as the Praetor-class battlecruiser in Jason Fry and Paul R. Urquhart's 2012 reference book, The Essential Guide to Warfare, which designated the starship Battalion as a Praetor-class battlecruiser. Thus, the book retroactively established the 1998 roleplaying supplement Tatooine Manhunt, released for West End Games' Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, in which the Battalion was first mentioned, as the Praetor-class' first indirect mention.
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Fully Operational
- Star Wars: Battles that Changed the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Hoth to 3 ABY.
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III, p. 41 ("Praetor-class battle cruiser")
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Tatooine Manhunt