- "I checked some data as we were landing, and it seems the closest moon, a small, uninhabited one called Praknat 3, took a direct hit from the main hull of the ship, and the impact misaligned the gravitational balance of the whole system."
- ―Kantam Sy, to Zeen Mrala and Lula Talisola
Praknat 3 was the closest moon of the Outer Rim Territories and Western Reaches planet Trymant IV. Situated in the Trymant system, it was small and uninhabited. During the Emergences of the Great Hyperspace Disaster around 232 BBY, Praknat 3 was struck by a fragment of the hull of the freighter Legacy Run, disrupting the entire star system and causing an environmental catastrophe on Trymant IV as the planet was shifted closer to its second sun, undergoing rapid desertification.
Praknat 3 was the closest in orbit of the multiple moons of the planet Trymant IV, which itself revolved around the Trymant system's binary star. Small and uninhabited, Praknat 3 was, like the rest of the star system, situated in the Outer Rim Territories and Western Reaches regions of the galaxy in square L-20 of the Standard Galactic Grid.
During an Emergence of the Great Hyperspace Disaster in the Trymant system around 232 BBY, a fragment of the freighter Legacy Run's main hull struck Praknat 3, misaligning the gravitational balance of the entire star system. Trymant IV was tilted closer to the system's second sun as a result, causing an environmental catastrophe as all of the planet's aboveground water sources were vaporized, transforming it into a desert. Former Trymant resident Zeen Mrala was shocked by the devastation when she returned to Trymant IV months after the disaster with Jedi Master Kantam Sy and Jedi Padawan Lula Talisola, and Sy learned about the impact on Praknat 3 and its effects after checking data onboard their cruiser, the Star Hopper, filling Mrala and Talisola in on what had occurred.
Behind the scenes
- The High Republic: Race to Crashpoint Tower (First mentioned, simultaneous with The High Republic: Race to Crashpoint Tower audiobook)
- The High Republic: Race to Crashpoint Tower audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- The High Republic Adventures 1 — Based on corresponding data for the Trymant system
- The High Republic Adventures 1 places the Trymant system, and therefore Praknat 3, in the area of space Star Wars: The Galactic Explorer's Guide identifies as the Western Reaches.
- The High Republic: Race to Crashpoint Tower
- The High Republic Adventures 1 places the Trymant system, and therefore Praknat 3, in the area of space Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game identifies as grid square L-20 of the Standard Galactic Grid.
- The Star Wars Book dates the launch of the Starlight Beacon, which is depicted as part of the events of The High Republic: Light of the Jedi, to 232 years before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which corresponds to 232 BBY according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. As such, the rest of the novel's events must also occur around 232 BBY. Since The High Republic: Race to Crashpoint Tower identifies the Trymant IV disaster as an Emergence and the events of Light of the Jedi also include the Great Hyperspace Disaster and the subsequent Emergences, the former event must have also occurred around 232 BBY.