The Processional Way was a wide surface-level avenue that led to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. It terminated in a ceremonial staircase crowned with the statues of two Jedi Warrior Masters and two Sage Masters, and was situated within the Jedi Order's Temple Precinct area of the Galactic City's Federal District, the capital of the Galactic Republic and later the Galactic Empire. Succeeding the Republic, the Empire's head of state, Emperor Palpatine, laid claim to the Temple Precinct and its central Jedi temple, with the locations renamed "Palace Precinct" and "Imperial Palace" respectively.
In 19 BBY, Darth Vader led a legion of clone troopers down the Processional Way to storm the Temple and massacre the Jedi, afterwhich the Temple was soon claimed by the newly-formed Galactic Empire as its Emperor's palace.
At the celebration of the eradication of the Jedi Order hosted by Grand Vizier Mas Amedda shortly after the proclamation of the New Order, the boulevard was densely populated by individuals attending the event, and upon the Way's steps was installed an incinerator for Jedi lightsabers.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast Strikes Back"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sabotage"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Wrong Jedi"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Gone with a Trace" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Deal No Deal" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 1
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 9
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 10
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (First identified as Processional Way)