The Proficient-class light cruiser was a Corellian warship.
The cruiser measured 850 meters in length and ran on a Damorian power plant. Weapon systems included ten heavy turbolasers and twenty ion cannons, a light armament for the cruiser's size. Much of the ship's interior was occupied by modular compartments, but most vessels sacrificed those for docking bay facilities.
Produced in the early decades of the New Republic, the Proficient class was found across New Republic battle groups until the New Class project standardized the vessels across the Fleet.[source?] During the Yuuzhan Vong War, however, the starship-strapped New Republic reactivated a number of Proficient-class cruisers, like Soothfast.
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial (First appearance) (As "Proficient-class ship")
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook (First identified as Proficient-class light cruiser)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and references
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III, p. 45 ("Proficient-class light cruiser")