The Proficient-class light cruiser was a Corellian warship.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The cruiser measured 850 meters in length and ran on a Damorian power plant. Weapon systems included ten heavy turbolasers and twenty ion cannons, a light armament for the cruiser's size. Much of the ship's interior was occupied by modular compartments, but most vessels sacrificed those for docking bay facilities.
History[edit | edit source]
Produced in the early decades of the New Republic, the Proficient class was found across New Republic battle groups until the New Class project standardized the vessels across the Fleet.[source?] During the Yuuzhan Vong War, however, the starship-strapped New Republic reactivated a number of Proficient-class cruisers, like Soothfast.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial (First appearance) (As "Proficient-class ship")
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook (First identified as Proficient-class light cruiser)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III, p. 45 ("Proficient-class light cruiser")