Project Swarm was the codename of an operation by the Galactic Empire to discover the location of the Alliance to Restore the Republic's new headquarters following the evacuation of Yavin 4. To that end, Viper probe droids were dispatched in hyperdrive pods all across the galaxy, and a multitude of analysts were tasked with searching the collected data. However, the lack of progress irritated Lord Darth Vader, who executed the project's initial supervisor, Major Yaltza. General Maximillian Veers of the Imperial Army then took the mantle, just when 100,000 viper droids had already been launched. At the suggestion of Professor Ud, who pointed out that the Alliance had used ancient sites before, Veers assembled a team of archaeological consultants, which included Chelli Lona Aphra. The first lead the new team investigated was a deathshrine of the Central Isopter on Ash Moon 1. There was no Alliance base at the deathshrine, but Ud died after triggering a trap, and Korin Aphra was found lurking on the premises and captured. Eventually, probe XJ9-CS14 was deployed to the planet Hoth and managed to find the base, which led to a major battle.
- Doctor Aphra 37 (First identified as Project Swarm)
- Doctor Aphra 38 (Indirect mention only)
- Doctor Aphra 40 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 68
- Star Wars 69
- Star Wars 70
- Star Wars 71
- Star Wars 72
- Star Wars 73
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 9 (Weapons & Uniforms: Imperial Droids) (Indirect mention only)
- Starships and Speeders (Indirect mention only)