Project Swarm was the codename of an operation by the Galactic Empire to discover the location of the Alliance to Restore the Republic's new headquarters following the evacuation of Yavin 4. To that end, Viper probe droids were dispatched in hyperdrive pods all across the galaxy, and a multitude of analysts were tasked with searching the collected data. However, the lack of progress irritated Lord Darth Vader, who executed the project's initial supervisor, Major Yaltza. General Maximilian Veers of the Imperial Army then took the mantle, just when 100,000 Viper droids had already been launched.
At the suggestion of Professor Ud, who pointed out that the Alliance had used ancient sites before, Veers assembled a team of archaeological consultants, which included Chelli Lona Aphra. The first lead the new team investigated was a deathshrine of the Central Isopter on Ash Moon 1. There was no Alliance base at the deathshrine, but Ud died after triggering a trap, and Korin Aphra was found lurking on the premises and captured. Eventually, probe XJ9-CS14 was deployed to the planet Hoth and managed to find the base, which led to a major battle.
- Doctor Aphra (2016) 37 (First identified as Project Swarm)
- Doctor Aphra (2016) 38 (Indirect mention only)
- Doctor Aphra (2016) 40 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars (2015) 68
- Star Wars (2015) 69
- Star Wars (2015) 70
- Star Wars (2015) 71
- Star Wars (2015) 72
- Star Wars (2015) 73
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization
- "Eyes of the Empire"—From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 9 (Weapons & Uniforms: Imperial Droids) (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 32 (Helmets: Hoth Rebel Soldier) (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 67 (Databank A-Z: Vibroblades–Cikatro Vizago)
- Starships and Speeders (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Ships and Vehicles 5 (Pilots and Crew: Maximilian Veers)