- "Let me be blunt. Project Swarm is taking too long. Your supervisor, Major Yaltza, did not survive Lord Vader's latest assessment. I am General Maximillian Veers. I will have results."
- ―General Veers addresses the archaeological team
Project Swarm was the codename of an operation by the Galactic Empire to discover the location of the Alliance to Restore the Republic's new headquarters following the evacuation of Yavin 4. To that end, Viper probe droids were dispatched in hyperdrive pods all across the galaxy, and a multitude of analysts were tasked with searching the collected data. However, the lack of progress irritated Lord Darth vader, who executed the project's initial supervisor, Major Yaltza. General Maximillian Veers of the Imperial Army then took the mantle, just when 10,000 viper droids had already been launched. At the suggestion of Professor Ud, who pointed out that the Alliance had used ancient sites before, Veers assembled a team of archaeological consultants, which included Chelli Lona Aphra. The first lead the new team investigated was a deathshrine of the Central Isopter on Ash Moon 1. There was no Alliance base at the deathshrine, but Ud died after triggering a trap, and Korin Aphra was found lurking on the premises and captured. Eventually, a probe deployed to the planet Hoth managed to find the base, which led to a major battle.
- Doctor Aphra 37: A Rogue's End, Part I (First identified as Project Swarm)
- Star Wars 68: Rebels and Rogues, Part I
- Star Wars 69: Rebels and Rogues, Part II
- Star Wars 70: Rebels and Rogues, Part III
- Star Wars 71: Rebels and Rogues, Part IV
- Star Wars 72: Rebels and Rogues, Part V
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization