Pru Sweevant was a Narquois male who was born on the planet Narq in around 21 BBY. He worked as a bandit around thirty years after the Battle of Endor. Using contacts in the Mining Guild, he learned the schedules of vulnerable convoys and raided them. He took particular delight in capturing ships owned by Neimoidians. He was present in the pirate Maz Kanata's castle when the smuggler Han Solo entered with the scavenger Rey, the former stormtrooper Finn and the astromech droid BB-8. Shortly after the four newcomers arrived, many of the patrons of the castle rushed outside to witness the destruction of the Hosnian system by Starkiller Base, a superweapon controlled by the First Order. The castle itself was then attacked and destroyed by the First Order's forces. While in the castle, Sweevant wore a yellow outfit and carried a blaster pistol with an amplified galven chamber that provided a more intense blast. He had red eyes and blue skin and hair, which acted as camouflage amongst the fungus forests of his homeworld Narq.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "C050 was a very simple head. But I designed it with the actor Kiran Shah in mind. It kind of looks like Kiran."
- ―Ivan Manzella describes designing Sweevant
Pru Sweevant was created for Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, where he appeared briefly as a background character in Maz Kanata's castle. The character was first revealed to the public through an exclusive article on the website of Vanity Fair in May 2015, seven months before the films release. Neither the article nor the film identified the character, but his name was revealed in the reference book Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in conjunction with the film. He was played by the actor Kiran Shah, who also played Teedo. Senior sculptor Ivan Manzella designed Sweevant during pre-production of the film in October 2013, at which time he was known as "Castle Alien C050". Manzella designed the character's simple head with Shah specifically in mind, and believed the character and actor look somewhat alike.
- LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars – "Dealing with Lando/Han and Chewie Strike Back"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars – "Scouting for Leia/A Mission with Maz"
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Pru Sweevant)
- The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 screenshot) This tweet confirms that Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge takes place between 34 ABY and 35 ABY. Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Star Wars: Datapad states that Pru Sweevant was 55 years during the events of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, meaning he was born in around 21 BBY. (
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Star Wars: Datapad
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ Leibovitz, Annie (May 4, 2015). Adam Driver and Lupita Nyong'o's Characters Revealed in Exclusive Star Wars: The Force Awakens Photos. Vanity Fair. Retrieved on May 4, 2015.
- ↑ The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens