- "You look terrific, Prudy. Have you lost weight? Love the new hairstyle."
"Two years without so much as a holo, and that's all you can say? You abandoned me at our wedding!"
- ―Doc and Prudy
Prudy was a female Lethan Twi'lek from the planet Coruscant who worked as a doctor during the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the reconstituted Sith Empire. She became engaged to a fellow doctor named Archiban Kimble on the planet Ord Mantell in 3644 BBY, but Kimble—better known as Doc—ended their relationship just before their wedding and left her with the refugee hospital he had bought for her on Alderaan. Two years later, Prudy was kidnapped by a group of criminals so they could blackmail Doc into delivering a shipment of valuable spice that he had failed to give them, and the gangsters burned her hospital to the ground before she was rescued.
Biography[edit | edit source]
- "My parents flew all the way from Coruscant for a wedding that never happened. You loathsome cad! I wish I'd never met you!"
A female Twi'lek from the Galactic Republic's capital of Coruscant, Prudy became a fully trained medical doctor by the time of the Cold War with the Sith Empire. In 3644 BBY, Prudy was on the planet Ord Mantell when she encountered the xenopathologist and combat medic Archiban Kimble, better known as Doc. The two began a relationship and soon became engaged, and Doc purchased Prudy a refugee hospital on Alderaan using credits that he had stolen from a gang of criminals after scamming them with a false promise of a spice delivery. However, Prudy rushed their relationship and arranged a wedding before Doc was ready, causing him to break off their engagement just before the ceremony even after her mother and father arrived from Coruscant.
Prudy spent the next two years running her hospital on Alderaan, and Doc did not contact her that entire time until the gang that Doc had scammed tracked down where their funds had gone. Learning that Prudy's hospital had been purchased with their credits, in 3642 BBY the gang took the Twi'lek hostage and burned the hospital to the ground before contacting Doc with a ransom demand: Prudy's life in return for the spice he owed them. Doc was able to secure Prudy's release by taking her place as the gang's hostage, though he managed to escape with the help of the Republic Customs Office and its hostage negotiators. Prudy later contacted Doc via holocomm and expressed her fury to him, and she terminated the transmission in anger after informing him that the gangsters had destroyed her hospital.
Personality and traits[edit | edit source]
- "Prudy's a wonderful girl. Someday, she'll make a boring proper gentleman very happy. Ol' Doc just isn't the settling type."
A trained doctor who ran a refugee hospital, Prudy was a reddish-pink-skinned Lethan Twi'lek whose two lekku sported a pattern of dark lines. Prudy was too clingy in her relationships for Doc's taste, and her speedy planning of a wedding led the commitment-wary Doc to end their engagement. She held a grudge against Doc for his departure, and the fact that he did not contact her and that his actions caused the destruction of her hospital did nothing to lessen the anger she felt toward him.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- "If every man was judged by his ex-girlfriends, we'd all serve life sentences without hope of parole."
Prudy first appeared as a hologram in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a video game released by BioWare and LucasArts in 2011, in which she is featured in the conversation "Best Intentions" with the Jedi Knight class companion Doc. The conversation was originally a full mission that would have included the player accompanying Doc to Alderaan to rescue Prudy from the pirate Cazzush in an old Imperial base on Alderaan, but that version was cut from the game before its release.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance) (Appears in hologram)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with Doc: "The Best Intentions"
- The Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary establishes that red-skinned Twi'leks are of the Lethan sub-species.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. The Prologue for each class immediately precedes Act I, and Act III for all classes begins with the start of the Galactic War, which Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places around 3640 BBY. Assuming that in-universe chronology of the Star Wars: The Old Republic events roughly aligns with the release of story content in real-life as with , the Act III Epilogue must take place near the end of 3640 BBY since it was the chronologically latest story of the The Old Republic base game, which was released toward the end of 2011. Therefore, assuming that The Old Republic takes place over the course of three years per the former of the two aforementioned swtor.com posts, Act I takes place near the end of 3643 BBY. Adding two years to 3642 BBY gives a date of 3644 BBY. places