- "You look terrific, Prudy. Have you lost weight? Love the new hairstyle."
"Two years without so much as a holo, and that's all you can say? You abandoned me at our wedding!"
- ―Doc and Prudy
Prudy was a female Lethan Twi'lek from the planet Coruscant who worked as a doctor during the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the reconstituted Sith Empire. She became engaged to a fellow doctor named Archiban Kimble on the planet Ord Mantell in 3644 BBY, but Kimble—better known as Doc—ended their relationship just before their wedding and left her with the refugee hospital he had bought for her on Alderaan. Two years later, Prudy was kidnapped by a group of criminals so they could blackmail Doc into delivering a shipment of valuable spice that he had failed to give them, and the gangsters burned her hospital to the ground before she was rescued.
- "My parents flew all the way from Coruscant for a wedding that never happened. You loathsome cad! I wish I'd never met you!"
A female Twi'lek from the Galactic Republic's capital of Coruscant, Prudy became a fully trained medical doctor by the time of the Cold War with the Sith Empire. In 3644 BBY, Prudy was on the planet Ord Mantell when she encountered the xenopathologist and combat medic Archiban Kimble, better known as Doc. The two began a relationship and soon became engaged, and Doc purchased Prudy a refugee hospital on Alderaan using credits that he had stolen from a gang of criminals after scamming them with a false promise of a spice delivery. However, Prudy rushed their relationship and arranged a wedding before Doc was ready, causing him to break off their engagement just before the ceremony even after her mother and father arrived from Coruscant.
Prudy spent the next two years running her hospital on Alderaan, and Doc did not contact her that entire time until the gang that Doc had scammed tracked down where their funds had gone. Learning that Prudy's hospital had been purchased with their credits, in 3642 BBY the gang took the Twi'lek hostage and burned the hospital to the ground before contacting Doc with a ransom demand: Prudy's life in return for the spice he owed them. Doc was able to secure Prudy's release by taking her place as the gang's hostage, though he managed to escape with the help of the Republic Customs Office and its hostage negotiators. Prudy later contacted Doc via holocomm and expressed her fury to him, and she terminated the transmission in anger after informing him that the gangsters had destroyed her hospital.
Personality and traits
- "Prudy's a wonderful girl. Someday, she'll make a boring proper gentleman very happy. Ol' Doc just isn't the settling type."
A trained doctor who ran a refugee hospital, Prudy was a reddish-pink-skinned Lethan Twi'lek with yellow eyes whose two lekku sported a pattern of dark lines. Prudy was too clingy in her relationships for Doc's taste, and her speedy planning of a wedding led the commitment-wary Doc to end their engagement. She held a grudge against Doc for his departure, and the fact that he did not contact her and that his actions caused the destruction of her hospital did nothing to lessen the anger she felt toward him.
Behind the scenes
- "If every man was judged by his ex-girlfriends, we'd all serve life sentences without hope of parole."
Prudy first appeared as a hologram in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a video game released by BioWare and LucasArts in 2011, in which she is featured in the conversation "Best Intentions" with the Jedi Knight class companion Doc. The conversation was originally a full mission that would have included the player accompanying Doc to Alderaan to rescue Prudy from the pirate Cazzush in an old Imperial base on Alderaan, but that version was cut from the game before its release.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance) (Appears in hologram)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with Doc: "The Best Intentions"
- The Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary establishes that red-skinned Twi'leks are of the Lethan sub-species.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic's base game content about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Prologue and Act I of the class storylines are assumed to take place in 3643 BBY, as they are roughly concurrent to each other and the Jedi Knight Act I storyline is dated to 3643 BBY by The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2. Additionally, and Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia establish that the Battle of Ilum and the end of Act III for the class stories occur in 3640 BBY. Additionally, Act II for all classes, while featuring conflict between the two factions, occurs prior to the official collapse of the Treaty of Coruscant, which The Old Republic: Annihilation places in the middle of 3641 BBY. Taken together, this means that base game content spans from 3643 BBY to 3640 BBY, and the class storylines extend over this period, this article assumes that Act II takes place within 3642 BBY and the first half of 3641 BBY. Adding two years to 3642 BBY gives a date of 3644 BBY. places