- "Puke is gone, and will never spray cannon fire like a toxic toddler again."
- ―Fadime celebrates Puke's death
"Puke" was the nickname of a human TIE fighter pilot who flew in the Galactic Empire's 204th Imperial Fighter Wing. The pilot served in one of two squadrons that were stationed aboard the Quasar Fire-class cruiser-carrier Aerie when it tracked down the New Republic EF76 Nebulon-B escort frigate Hellion's Dare through the Oridol Cluster several weeks after the Battle of Endor. Puke's nickname was given by the pilots of the Hellion's Dare's escort squadrons—Hound Squadron and Riot Squadron—as the pilot sprayed laser cannon fire during combat. Puke was ultimately killed during the pursuit by the A/SF-01 B-wing starfighter pilot Chass na Chadic.
- "We had thirty-two TIE fighters aboard that cruiser-carrier. Thanks to Chass, we're down to thirty-one."
- ―Fadime marks the significance of Puke's death
The human TIE fighter pilot later nicknamed "Puke" served in the Galactic Empire's 204th Imperial Fighter Wing during the Galactic Civil War. Several weeks after the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY, Puke was among the two TIE/ln space superiority starfighter squadrons aboard the Quasar Fire-class cruiser-carrier Aerie that pursued the New Republic EF76 Nebulon-B escort frigate Hellion's Dare and its two escort squadrons—Riot Squadron and Hound Squadron. The hunt was part of an effort conducted by the 204th's Colonel Shakara Nuress to maintain the secrecy of the fighter wing's new base of operations in the Pandem Nai system.
After driving the Hellion's Dare and its escort out of the Jiruus system, the Aerie and its TIEs, including Puke, pursued the New Republic starships through the Oridol Cluster, picking off a number of New Republic fighters along the way. During these skirmishes, the New Republic pilots of Riot and Hound Squadrons coined Puke's nickname after the enemy pilot repeatedly sprayed laser cannon fire. The New Republic pilots also brought up Puke and the other Imperial pilots during conversations at their berths. However, after at least half a dozen engagements, Puke was killed by the A/SF-01 B-wing starfighter pilot Chass na Chadic of Hound Squadron.
Puke's death was celebrated aboard the Hellion's Dare as the first kill by the New Republic pilots. Fadime, the acting leader of Hound Squadron, remarked that the fallen TIE fighter pilot was never going to spray cannon fire childishly again and moved Puke's name to the bottom of the list of Imperial pilots on a tactical board. The Aerie's TIE fighters continued to pursue the Hellion's Dare and its escort until the frigate was destroyed. Only Chadic and another pilot escaped the Imperial forces, both of which remembered the fighting numerous times after. While on a reconnaissance mission aboard a UT-60D U-wing starfighter/support craft at the planet Troithe, at least a month later, Chadic recalled in her mind the Imperial pilots she encountered in the Oridol Cluster, including Puke, flying through the cluster's clouds.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Alphabet Squadron (First mentioned, simultaneous with Alphabet Squadron audiobook)
- Alphabet Squadron audiobook (First mentioned, simultaneous with Alphabet Squadron)
- Shadow Fall (Mentioned only)
- Shadow Fall audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Alphabet Squadron establishes that the attack on the Hellion's Dare, which includes Puke's death, takes place several weeks after the Battle of Endor, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 4 ABY.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Alphabet Squadron
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Alphabet Squadron establishes that Puke was a TIE fighter pilot who served the Galactic Empire. Ultimate Star Wars states that all Imperial TIE fighter pilots were human.
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Shadow Fall