- "The Sith no longer posed a threat to the Republic, but the Supreme Chancellor was unsatisfied."
- ―Jedi Master Gnost-Dural
Following the battle of Korriban in 5000 BBY, which saw the defeat of Sadow's Empire, Pultimo ordered a Republic counterinvasion of Sith-controlled space aimed at two primary objectives: to ensure the Empire posed no vestigial threat to the Republic and simultaneously free the Sith species from the dark sided corruption under which it had suffered since the arrival of the Dark Jedi Exiles in 6900 BBY.
Pultimo was a politician who eventually rose to the Office of the Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic around the time of the Great Hyperspace War between the Republic and the Sith Empire of Dark Lord of the Sith Naga Sadow. After Sadow and his Sith were defeated above the Sith homeworld of Korriban by forces under Empress Teta, who ruled the ecumenopolis Koros Major and its star system, Pultimo dispatched Jedi and Republic forces to invade the Sith Worlds.
The subsequent counterinvasion served two primary purposes: to ensure that the Empire posed no vestigial threat to the safety of the Republic by means of a purge of Sith sacred sites and artifacts and to free the Sith species from the dark sided corruption under which it had languished since the arrival of the Dark Jedi Exiles in 6900 BBY. From Pultimo's perspective, the Republic counterinvasion was not directed at the subjugation and slaughter of the Sith citizenry but rather the destruction of the Empire's dark-sided institutions.
Pultimo's role in the Great Hyperspace War was later reflected on by the Kel Dor Jedi archivist Gnost-Dural in a holodocumentary for the Jedi Archives during the Great Galactic War between the Republic and a resurgent Sith Empire led by Emperor Vitiate, a contemporary of Naga Sadow's who constructed his own Sith Empire on Dromund Kaas.
Personality and traitsEdit
Although the Sith Empire was defeated in the battle of Korriban, Pultimo was not satisfied with the Republic's victory, believing it was necessary for the Sith civilization and cultural heritage to be eradicated to ensure that they posed no threat to the Republic. He believed his actions would additionally serve to free the Sith-blooded population of the Empire from the dark side corruption under which it had languished since the Empire's formation.
Behind the scenesEdit
Pultimo was first mentioned in The Essential Atlas, which gave some background to the Republic's invasion of the Sith-controlled worlds. The character was mentioned in the twelfth and final entry of the Galactic Timeline, an online video series created to elaborate upon the background for BioWare's PC video game Star Wars: The Old Republic. Pultimo was mentioned later in The Essential Guide to Warfare and Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia.
- (Mentioned only)
- The Essential Atlas (First mentioned)
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 The Essential Guide to Warfare
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Timeline 12: The Great Hyperspace War
- ↑ Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire 5: End of an Empire
- ↑ "From the Files of Corellia Antilles"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 14
- ↑ Jedi Academy Training Manual
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "Galactic History 30: Rise of the Sith Emperor"
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "Galactic History 23: The Sith Order Begins"
- ↑ The Old Republic: Revan