A quarantine suspensor was a device consisting of a repulsorfield conductor ring connected to a box-shaped base with various buttons and switches on one face. A disc with a conical protrusion on top sat ontop of the base pointing into the center of the ring. The Jedi-in-training Rey owned a quarantine suspensor during the war between the First Order and the Resistance. She kept the device on a workbench located in the Resistance base on the moon Ajan Kloss.
Rey used the equipment on the workbench for a variety of tasks, including flexing her mechanical skills, studying the Sacred Jedi texts, and repairing the Skywalker lightsaber. The ring was sat on the bench beside her as she studied one of the texts in 35 ABY, before she was alerted to the arrival of the Millennium Falcon, a YT-1300 light freighter, at the base.
Behind the scenes
A quarantine suspensor first appeared in the 2019 sequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker. It was first identified in the accompanying reference book Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo.
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Screen Comix
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as quarantine suspensor)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker to one year after the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. As Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of The Force Awakens to 34 ABY, the events of The Rise of Skywalker, which includes the appearance of the quarantine suspensor, must occur in 35 ABY.