A quarrel was a metal projectile used in Wookiee bowcasters. A quarrel, when fired from a bowcaster, was enveloped in plasma blaster energy using the positive and negative polarizing orbs balanced on each end of a bowcaster. The quarrel's momentum would be sped up by the magnetic field of the polarizing orbs once the bowcaster was fired. This created a destructive bolt of energy that required the strength of a Wookiee to fire comfortably.
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Chewie vs. Holochess - Let the Wookiee Win"
- Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi? (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- "Turning Point"—Star Wars Insider 169 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition (Indirect mention only)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Quarrel)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary