- "How many times have you flown it?"
"Me? Oh I don't fly, too dangerous. But theoretically, it should fly!"
- ―Sabine Wren and Quarrie discuss the B-Wing prototype
Quarrie was a Mon Calamari male who built a prototype B-wing starfighter on the remote planet Shantipole some time after the Siege of Lothal. After the B-wing was used in the blockade of Ibaar, Project Shantipole continued under Quarrie's supervision.
Assisting the Ghost CrewEdit
Quarrie was a Mon Calamari starship engineer who lived on the remote planet of Shantipole during the Age of the Empire. After the early rebellion suffered losses against the Galactic Empire during an attempted blockade run, rebel Hera Syndulla and members of her crew came to Shantipole in order to retrieve the prototype B-Wing, Prototype B6, which he dubbed the "Blade Wing". Quarrie was initially uninterested, as he did not believe Syndulla to be the right pilot for his ship. However, her story of growing up and dreaming of being a pilot swayed Quarrie's mind, and he allowed her to test the starfighter.
After a successful test run, the starfighter was taken back to the network's fleet. For the journey, he also installed a hyperdrive and an exterior astromech socket on Hera's shuttle Phantom. The Phantom then towed the B-wing prototype to the planet Ibaar. With the B-Wing's advanced weaponry, the rebels were able to break the Imperial blockade over the planet Ibaar and deliver food to the planet's starving populace. Afterwards, Quarrie, along with his Lothal astromech droid BG-81, left the network fleet in order to oversee the production of more B-Wings for the rebel cause.
Aboard Home OneEdit
Personality and traitsEdit
Quarrie was a short, male Mon Calamari master engineer who specialized in building starships. He took pride in his work and was eager to experiment with speed, agility, and weapons. Quarrie was not a pilot, and was only willing to let the best pilot fly his Prototype B6 starfighter. His prototype B6 became the basis for the rebellion's A/SF-01 B-wing starfighter.
Behind the scenesEdit
Quarrie's name is derived from the name of concept artist Ralph McQuarrie. He first appeared in the Star Wars Rebels Season Two episode "Wings of the Master", which premiered on Disney XD on November 11, 2015. He was voiced by Corey Burton, who later reprised the role in the second season of LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Trouble on Tibalt"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Tower of Alistan Nor"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Embersteel Blade"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Storms of Taul"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Return to the Wheel"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Lost Crystals of Qalydon"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Flight of the Arrowhead"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "A Perilous Rescue"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Free Fall"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Return of the Return of the Jedi"
- (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Dawn of Rebellion
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: Droidography
- Rebel Starfighters Owners' Workshop Manual