- "The Mandalorian destroyed my first life, on Quelii. Since then, I've answered to names others gave me—names that weren't mine—because I didn't care. My home was gone. What did it matter who I was?"
Quelii was a planet in the Outer Rim Territories, which maintained a population of Humans who lived in villages. Quelii was devastated by a Mandalorian attack in the years leading up to the Mandalorian Wars, although some natives managed to escape the onslaught and make it to Republic space. One of these refugees grew to become the infamous Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Malak, who led a Sith army against the Republic in the Jedi Civil War.
Description[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
The planet Quelii was originally settled in the years before the Mandalorian Wars, and a culture that included Humans developed there. Quelii came under attack by the band of warriors known as the Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders several years before their invasion of the Galactic Republic, and the invaders devastated the world. Although Quelii's society was more or less destroyed after the Mandalorian raid, some natives managed to escape and continue their lives in Republic space.
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
- "We didn't have surnames on Quelii, only names of our home village. That's what wound up on the immigration records after we escaped."
In the years prior to the Mandalorian Wars, Quelii maintained a native population that included Humans, centered around villages. Natives of Quelii did not have familial surnames, although some who fled the world after the Mandalorian attack ended up with the names of their home villages standing in for last names on their immigration records. Among those who escaped the Mandalorians was a young man named Alek, a native of the village Squinquargesimus, who became a Jedi Knight and one of the leading proponents of Jedi intervention in the Mandalorian Wars. Eventually, Alek fell to the dark side and became the infamous Dark Lord of the Sith known as Darth Malak, who led a force of Sith against the Jedi and the Republic in the Jedi Civil War.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The planet Quelii was first mentioned in Knights of the Old Republic 29: Exalted, Part 1, an issue of the Knights of the Old Republic comic book series, written by John Jackson Miller and released in 2008. Quelii went on to be mentioned in several other sources, although it never directly appeared in a Star Wars Legends work.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Knights of the Old Republic 29: Exalted, Part 1 (First mentioned)
- Knights of the Old Republic 31: Turnabout (Mentioned only)
- Knights of the Old Republic 42: Masks (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Indirect mention only)