Quell was a planet located in the far reaches of the Quell system in the Outer Rim Territories. When viewed from space, the world's surface was cerulean in color and covered almost entirely by white clouds. During the Clone Wars in 21 BBY, a galactic conflict fought between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems, the Battle of Quell took place in the world's upper atmosphere, resulting in wreckage from both sides of the struggle plummeting towards the planet's surface.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Quell first appeared in "Jedi Crash," the thirteenth episode of the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars' first season, which originally aired on January 16, 2009. The episode's script described the Battle of Quell as being fought in space, but it was moved to the planet's upper atmosphere for dramatic effect as the show entered pre-production. The planet was first identified in the episode guide for "Jedi Crash" on StarWars.com.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Jedi Crash" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Defenders of Peace" (In flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Deserter" (In flashback(s))
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First identified as Quell)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season One
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – LAAT/i Gunship Expansion Pack (Card: ) (Picture only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Jedi Crash"
- (Slide 1)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 30 (Highlights of the Saga: The Betrayal of Captain Argyus) and Star Wars: Galactic Atlas date the events of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes "Cloak of Darkness" and "Blue Shadow Virus" to 21 BBY, respectively. As the episode "Jedi Crash" takes place between the two episodes according to , its events, including the Battle of Quell, must take place in that year.
- (Slide 2)