About 17,000 BBY, during the Indecta Era, the Arkanians settled Xexto subjects from the neighboring planet Troiken on Quermia for a genetic experiment. These Xexto became the Quermians. Sometime later on, the Arkanians moved on and forgot the world. Troiken and Quermia were discovered by the Galactic Republic at about the same time, and their inhabitants at first designated Troiken Xexto and Quermian Xexto respectively. The Xexto were at first in denial at being related to the Quermians, and were later outraged when they learned of the Arkanian deception. The two planets joined the Republic at the same time.
During the Clone Wars, Quermia was located within Separatist space. After the rise of the Galactic Empire, Quermians were forced to remain in seclusion on their homeworld due to the connections of many of them with the Jedi Order. They eventually rejoined the galactic community during the New Republic era.
- Star Wars Adventures 3: The Hostage Princess (Mentioned only)
- The Force Unleashed II novel (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide (First mentioned)
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I
- Alien Anthology
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Starships of the Galaxy, Saga Edition
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook