- "Bweeeerp beeep beep."
"Yes. Charted long ago, but not considered important enough to have a designation."
- ―The droid and its master discuss a secluded world
An R-series astromech droid of the Galactic Republic was used by the Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn during the Republic Era. Prior to the Invasion of Naboo in 32 BBY, Jinn, unsure of his role as a peacekeeper within a conflict on the planet Bri'n, took his astromech droid and traveled to a remote world, seeking guidance from the Force. He and the droid observed that the world was discovered long ago but never given a designation. As Jinn explored its surface on foot, the droid remained in the astromech socket of the Jedi's Delta-7 Aethersprite-class light interceptor. The astromech had a black sensor and green and white plating.
Behind the scenes
This droid first appeared in Age of Republic - Qui-Gon Jinn 1, the first issue of the Star Wars: Age of Republic comic-book miniseries. The issue was written by Jody Houser, illustrated by Cory Smith, and published by Marvel Comics on December 5, 2018.
- Age of Republic - Qui-Gon Jinn 1 (First appearance)
Notes and references
- Age of Republic - Qui-Gon Jinn 1 depicts the droid as an R-series astromech droid, which are manufactured by Industrial Automaton according to Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know.
- Age of Republic - Qui-Gon Jinn 1
- Age of Republic - Qui-Gon Jinn 1 takes place prior to Qui-Gon Jinn's death during the Invasion of Naboo, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 32 BBY.