Quiggold was a male Gabdorin pirate from Gabdor and the first mate of Captain Sidon Ithano's crew in the Outer Rim in the decades after the Galactic Civil War. Assisting Ithano in the hunt for a possible lost shipment of kyber crystals meant for Count Dooku, Quiggold and the rest of the crew ended up finding a clone trooper frozen in stasis named Kix and locations to long-forgotten former Separatist bases.
He would also accompany Captain Ithano on a visit to Takodana Castle 30 years after the Battle of Endor where a fugitive First Order defector named Finn offered to join their crew in exchange for safe passage into the Outer Rim, away from the First Order's reach.
He wore a simple brown hood and had a peg-leg fashioned from a fuel funnel and carried a set of prayer beads fashioned from hyperdrive plotter pins.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "This one has the ability to do loads of movement performed in real time using what we call a performance delivery system, that allows the person whose operating this to act and talk and deliver a set of lines."
- ―Neal Scanlan describes Quiggold's costume in the "Crafting Creatures" featurette
Quiggold first appeared in the short story "The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku", which was written by Landry Q. Walker and released as the Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens multi-media campaign leading into the release of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens in 2015. The character then made a minor appearance in the film itself played by real-life leg amputee Scott Richardson, and was controlled and voiced by key animatronic designer Chris Clarke with additional cover provided by Patrick Comerford. The mask of the Quiggold costume was an animatronic that allowed Clarke to manipulate the character's facial expression using a performance delivery system while delivering his lines. Richardson expressed interest in return for Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, but neither he nor the character returned in that film.
- 5-Minute Star Wars Villain Stories
- "The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- The Force Awakens: Finn's Story
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Graphic Novel Adaptation
- The Force Awakens Adaptation 3
- The Force Awakens Adaptation 4
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious (as Quiggod)
- Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition