Quooria was a terrestrial astronomical object located in the Quooria system, a part of the Farstey sector in the Trans-Hydian portion of the Expansion Region. It was the homeworld of the Quoorian marshsucker, a species of creature similar to, but much more deadlier than mosquitos. In addition, creatures that were related to Quoorian marshsuckers eventually went extinct on Quooria and became preserved in the sap of the celestial body's trees.
When an ancient disease resurfaced at some point by 3637 BBY, the future commander of the Eternal Alliance sent a companion to Quooria to collect samples from the preserved species, as there existed a possibility that the creatures held the key to combating the disease.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Quooria was introduced in Shadow of Revan, a 2014 expansion for Star Wars: The Old Republic, a 2011 massively multiplayer online roleplaying game developed by BioWare. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Quooria system, and therefore the celestial body Quooria, in grid square O-8.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan (First mentioned)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Quooria system, and therefore Quooria itself, in grid square O-8 as part of the Expansion Region's Farstey sector, which lies north of the super-hyperroute The Essential Atlas identifies as the Perlemian Trade Route, according to . The Essential Atlas also places the portion of the Expansion Region north of the Perlemian within the Trans-Hydian. places the
- The Essential Atlas — Based on corresponding data for Quooria system
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan—Bioanalysis Crew Skill mission: "Yesterday Today"
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Jason Fry, co-author of The Essential Atlas, stated his intention to create homeworlds for numerous species based on context implied from their names. This article treats the Quooria system as the location of one such homeworld with regard to the Quoorian marshsucker species.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic's lead designer, Charles Boyd, the majority of the events of the digital expansion Shadow of Revan take place in approximately 3637 BBY. The Crew Skill mission "Yesterday Today" is part of the Shadow of Revan expansion and therefore also takes place around that year. — According to
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire—Chapter III: Outlander establishes that the Outlander—who becomes the commander of the future Eternal Alliance in "Chapter IX: The Alliance"—also was the player-controlled character in Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan.