Réillata was a human female from Naboo. Born circa 50 BBY, she twice served as the monarch of her people, the Naboo. The first time was a two-year term in around 36 BBY, when Padmé Amidala—a future queen of Naboo herself—was still a young girl. Upon stepping down, she became a moderately successful opera singer. Her second term started in 28 BBY, after Amidala's four-year reign ended. Réillata ran again for the election, campaigning on the experience and stability her years afforded her. Although she was an older candidate than tradition dictated, she was elected queen once again, beating Jamillia.
Biography[edit | edit source]
- "I was relieved when my two terms were up. But when the Queen asked me to serve as Senator, I couldn't refuse her."
- ―Padmé Amidala
When future handmaiden Eirtaé was just a girl, Réillata was elected Queen of Naboo. After serving two years, Réillata decided to not run again, instead turning her focus towards opera, and went on to be a moderately successful opera singer.
During the ceremony in which political power was passed from Amidala to Réillata, Réillata revealed that Senator Oshadam was retiring from the Galactic Senate, having served after Palpatine had been elected Supreme Chancellor. She asked Amidala to serve in the Senate for Naboo and the other worlds in the Chommell sector.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Réillata first appeared within the Star Wars canon in the 2019 novel Queen's Shadow, where she is established to have reigned after Padmé Amidala and before Jamillia. In Star Wars Legends, Jamillia started her reign immediately once Amidala ended hers.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Queen's Peril (Mentioned only)
- Queen's Peril audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Queen's Shadow (First appearance, simultaneous with Queen's Shadow audiobook) (First identified as Réillata, simultaneous with Queen's Shadow audiobook)
- Queen's Shadow audiobook (First appearance, simultaneous with Queen's Shadow) (First identified as Réillata, simultaneous with Queen's Shadow)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Queen's Shadow
- In Queen's Shadow, Réillata is said to be "nearing twenty-three" at the time Padmé Amidala has finished her first year of service as senator. The book also establish that the Invasion of Naboo took place five years prior to that point. Since Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the Invasion in 32 BBY, the other dates can be deduced using simple math.
- Queen's Shadow describes Réillata as taller than Padmé Amidala. As Amidala is measured at 1.65 meters according to , it can be deduced that Réillata was taller than 1.65 meters.
- Queen's Peril states that Réillata had retired after a single term as Monarch of Naboo before Sanandrassa, who also served a single term before Padmé Amidala. As Queen's Peril takes place shortly before the Invasion of Naboo, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 32 BBY, it can be deduced that Réillata served as queen from 36 BBY to 34 BBY, and that Sanandrassa served as queen from 34 BBY to 32 BBY.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones novelization
- Queen's Peril
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know