R-3PO was a 3PO unit protocol droid with distinctive red plating and a moody attitude. During the Galactic Civil War it served the Alliance to Restore the Republic in their fight against the Galactic Empire, and when the Alliance established Echo Base on the planet Hoth, R-3PO was tasked with keeping a lookout for spies within the base. The droid was present for the Battle of Hoth, which the Alliance lost, forcing them to evacuate Echo Base.
Behind the scenesEdit
R-3PO was seen as a background character in The Empire Strikes Back, where he is present at Echo Base shortly before the Battle of Hoth. His character also makes an appearance in the non-canon video game, LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens, in which he has been re-programmed as a droid serving the First Order.
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (First identified as R-3PO)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded establishes that all 3PO protocol droids are manufactured by Cybot Galactica.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded establishes that all 3PO protocol droids stand 1. 67 meters tall.
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head establishes that all 3PO protocol droids weigh 75 kilograms.
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know