- "Sentients, please prepare for takeoff!"
R-3X, also known as Rex, and formerly known as RX-24, was an RX-Series pilot droid who flew a Star Commuter 2000 from Lothal to Garel five years before the Battle of Yavin. The shuttle was used by the rebels from Lothal in their mission to steal arms from the Galactic Empire. While RX-24 was not necessarily a stickler for the rule that droids could only stand behind the passenger area, he had the authority to enforce it and would do so if there was a complaint.
Behind the scenesEdit
RX-24 was originally a character (nicknamed Captain "Rex") from Star Tours, a simulator ride at several Disney Parks worldwide (first opened at Disneyland in 1987), where he was voiced by Paul Reubens, who reprised the role in the Star Wars Rebels episode "Droids in Distress." RX-24 is set to reappear in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at Disney's Hollywood Studios, where he is a DJ at the cantina. Reubens is set to provide the droid's voice yet again.
- Star Wars Rebels – "Droids in Distress" (First appearance)
- Droids in Distress book
- Pirate's Price
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars Rebels – "Droids in Distress"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1
- ↑ Germain Lussier (2019-02-28). Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—The 77 Most Fascinating Things We Learned on Our Trip. IO9. io9.gizmodo.com. Archived from the original on February 28, 2019. Retrieved on March 2, 2019.