R1-J1 was an R1-series astromech droid with green plating and a yellow trim. It stood 1.94 meters tall and, like all R-series astromech droids, was manufactured by Industrial Automaton. During the occupation of the planet Batuu by the First Order in 34 ABY, R1-J1 belonged to the Droid Depot in Black Spire Outpost on Batuu. The droid was stood behind railings on a plinth outside the front of the depot alongside fellow droids B-R72, EG-01, L4-R6, and C2-B9.
Behind the scenes
Notes and references
- Star Wars: R2-D2 Deluxe Book and Model Set states that all R1-series astromech droid are manufactured by Industrial Automaton. Futhermore, Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know states that R1-series astromech droid stand 1.94 meters tall. Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia states that all astromech droids are second class droids. As Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge depicts R1-J1 as being a R1-series astromech droid, it must also share these characteristics.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—Droid Depot
- Droid Depot has official backstory elements that, while not directly published for the public, are officially canon details that can be obtained verbally from cast members working in the store.
- The Star Wars Book dates the Battle of Batuu, which is depicted in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge via the attraction Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, to 34 years after Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of A New Hope to 0 BBY, therefore the events of Galaxy's Edge, including R1-J1's appearance, must take place in 34 ABY.
- Star Wars: Datapad – "C2-B9" (Screenshots: 1, 2, 3)