R2-A5, also known as Ayfive, was a R2 series astromech droid with green and white plating and masculine programming. In 0 BBY, it spent time causing trouble in the spaceport of Mos Eisley on the planet Tatooine.
In 0 BBY, R2-A5 was rolling around the spaceport of Mos Eisley on the planet Tatooine and getting into trouble when the local moisture farmer Luke Skywalker was stopped by a group of stormtroopers while in his X-34 landspeeder.
R2-A5 was a R2 series astromech droid with masculine-programming, white and green plating, and a black sensor. Like all R2 astromech droids he was manufactured by Industrial Automaton and stood 93 centimeters tall. R2-A5 was programmed for combat communications was used mainly to acquire targeting data for starfighters and gunnery systems. He was a tough-guy and ready for action at the drop of a hat. He was equipped with a claw arm hidden within his torso and a retractable sensorscope within his dome.
Behind the scenesEdit
R2-A5 first appeared in the 1977 original trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope; however, it was replaced with a CGI ronto in the 1997 Special Edition re-release of the film. The droid was reintroduced to canon by a figure pack released as part of the The Black Series by Hasbro Inc. in 2016. In Star Wars Legends, the droid was first named on a card in the "Special Edition Limited" set of Star Wars Customizable Card Game released in 1998.
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 The Hasbro Inc. Solo: A Star Wars Story Droid Factory set of figures establishes that R2-F1P is an R2 series astromech droid, which are part of the R-series line and manufactured by Industrial Automaton according to Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5
- ↑ The Hasbro Inc. Star Wars: The Black Series astromech set of figures establishes that R2-A5 is an astromech droid, which are second class droids according to Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Sol Smith (2018-09-09). Meet the Droids: R2-A5. Entertainment Earth. Archived from the original on October 18, 2018. Retrieved on September 17, 2018.
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope prior to the Battle of Yavin, which includes Luke Skywalker being stopped by stormtroopers in Mos Eisley, to 0 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: R2-A5 (Artoo-Ayfive))