R2-C4 was an R2 series astromech droid manufactured by Industrial Automaton that belonged to the Space Fighter Corps of the Royal House of the planet Naboo, often serving in the astromech socket of the N-1 starfighter Bravo 6. During the occupation of Naboo by the Trade Federation in 32 BBY, R2-C4 was one of several Fighter Corps droids that was held in the hangar of the Theed Royal Palace in the capital city of Theed.
When Queen Padmé Amidala of Naboo led the Royal Naboo Security Forces in an attempt to re-take the palace, the group attacked the Trade Federation's battle droids stationed in the hangar, while the pilots of the Fighter Corps made their way to the s parked in the hangar so that they could take off and attack the Trade Federation's blockade of the planet. Once the security forces entered the hangar, R2-C4 and the other Fighter Corps droids began moving towards the starfighters along with the pilots. Those that managed to reach their vehicles launched from the hangar and engaged the Trade Federation's blockade of the planet in orbit, ultimately helping to defeat the Federation and free Naboo.
R2-C4 first appeared in the 1999 prequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. The droid was first identified in the new Star Wars canon, in the 2016 reference book Star Wars: R2-D2 Deluxe Book and Model Set, which was written by Michael Kogge.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: R2-D2 Deluxe Book and Model Set
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded states that R2 series astromech droids stand 0.96 meters (3ft 1in) tall. As Star Wars: R2-D2 Deluxe Book and Model Set shows R2-C4 to be an R2 series astromech droid it must also stand 0.96 meters tall.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – Naboo Royal N-1 Starfighter Expansion Pack (Card: )
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas