R2-L3 was an R2 series astromech droid manufactured by Industrial Automaton that had red, white and black paneling, a black sensor and stood 0.96 meters (3feet 2inches) tall. In 22 BBY, the astromech droid was in Mos Espa spaceport on the planet Tatooine where it was moving along one of the port's streets when it passed the Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and Senator Padmé Amidala exiting a rickshaw pulled by the RIC-series general labor droid RIC-920.
Behind the scenes
R2-L3 first appeared in the new Star Wars canon in the 2002 prequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones. The droid was then first identified when on a Funko Pop! figure of the droid that was exclusively available at Celebration Anaheim in 2015. The droid was originally created for the Star Wars Legends continuity, where it first appeared in Flashpoint! Brak Sector, a 1995 supplement written by Sterling Hershey for the Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game produced by West End Games.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
Notes and references
- R2 series astromech droid, which is part of the R-series line and manufactured by Industrial Automaton, according to Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know. establishes that R2-L3 is an
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded states that R2 series astromech droids stand 0.96 meters (3ft 1in) tall. As establishes R2-L3 to be an R2 series astromech droid, it must also stand 0.96 meters tall.
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones, which includes R2-L3's appearance, to 22 BBY.
- Flashpoint! Brak Sector