- "Not to judge a droid by his plating, but one look at their paint jobs, and you know they're nothing but trouble!"
- ―R0-GR writes about R4-I9 and R2-Q5
R2-Q5 was an R2 series astromech droid. Made by Industrial Automaton, he served the Galactic Empire aboard the DS-2 Death Star, performing maintenance and repair as needed. Like many Imperial astromechs, he was fitted with spy devices allowing human overseers to monitor personnel. He single-handedly thwarted IG-88's software infiltration of the Death Star II. During the era of the Resistance, R0-GR included R2-Q5 in "droidography."
Behind the scenesEdit
R2-Q5 first appeared in Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi and was first identified in canon by this name in the reference book Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded. While the title states that many droids like him are fitted with secret spy devices, it does not specify whether R2-Q5 specifically is in fact fitted with these.
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded (First identified as R2-Q5)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: R2-Q5 (★★★) (link))
- Star Wars: Droidography
- TIE Fighter Owners' Workshop Manual (Picture only)