- "Not to judge a droid by his plating, but one look at their paint jobs, and you know they're nothing but trouble!"
- ―R0-GR writes about R4-I9 and R2-Q5
R2-Q5 was an R2 series astromech droid. Made by Industrial Automaton, he served the Galactic Empire aboard the DS-2 Death Star II Mobile Battle Station, performing maintenance and repair as needed. Like many Imperial astromechs, he was fitted with spy devices allowing human overseers to monitor personnel. He single-handedly thwarted IG-88's software infiltration of the Death Star II. During the era of the Resistance, R0-GR included R2-Q5 in "droidography."
Behind the scenes
R2-Q5 first appeared in Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi and was first identified in canon by this name in the gacha toy Star Wars Pull Back Droid. In the reference book Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded, the title states that many droids like him are fitted with secret spy devices, it does not specify whether R2-Q5 specifically is in fact fitted with these.
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Crisis on Coruscant" (In flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
- Star Wars Pull Back Droid (First identified as R2-Q5)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 9 (Weapons & Uniforms: Imperial Droids) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: R2-Q5 (★★★))
- Star Wars: Droidography
- TIE Fighter Owners' Workshop Manual (Picture only)