R2-X2 was the R2-series astromech droid used by Theron Nett, known as "Red Ten," during the Battle of Yavin. He was destroyed when Nett's X-wing starfighter was shot down by TIE pilot "Backstabber".
Behind the scenes
R2-X2 first appeared as a toy in Hasbro's Astromech Droid Pack Series II (2006, #87057), which was an exclusive set offered through online retailer Entertainment Earth. The character was reissued in 2009 on a single-figure card (#88884), with an updated, more accurate dark green paint job. An astromech droid in a 2014 LEGO set was identified as R2-X2 (and Theron Nett's Astromech) in a display at that year's San Diego Comic Con.
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: R2-X2) (backup link) (First identified as R2-X2)
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Classic Star Wars (Set: 75032 X-Wing Fighter)