R3-M3 was an R3-series astromech droid manufactured by Industrial Automaton that stood 1.09 meters tall and had blue plating and a transparent dome. It served the Galactic Empire during the Galactic Civil War against the Alliance to Restore the Republic. In 0 BBY, the astromech droid was on board the Death Star superweapon while it was in the Yavin system. The Death Star was then destroyed during the Battle of Yavin.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
R3-M3 first appeared in the 1977 original trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. It was first identified in the new Star Wars canon in the 2017 reference book Ultimate LEGO Star Wars. The name originated with a wave of Star Wars: The Legacy Collection figures produced by Hasbro Inc. and released in 2009.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide states that all R3-series astromech droids are manufactured by Industrial Automaton. As R3-M3 is shown to be an R3-series astromech droid in Ultimate LEGO Star Wars, it must also be manufactured by Industrial Automaton.
- R3-series astromech droids are part of the R-series and stand 1.09 meters tall. As Ultimate LEGO Star Wars establishes that R3-M3 is an R3-series astromech droid, it must share these characteristics. establishes that
- Ultimate LEGO Star Wars
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia establishes that all astromech droids are second class droids. As Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope depicts R3-M3 as an astromech droid, it must also be a second class droid.
- [[Star Wars: Galactic Atlas"