R3-T2 was an R3-series astromech droid manufactured by Industrial Automaton that was a resident of the spaceport of Mos Eisley on the planet Tatooine during the Imperial Era. Standing 1.09 meters tall, it had a black sensor on its red dome and white and blue panelling on its chassis. Shortly before the Battle of Yavin in 0 BBY, R3-T2 was rolling through the streets of Mos Eisley when it was passed by an X-34 landspeeder carrying the locals Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi and Skywalker's droids R2-D2 and C-3PO.
Behind the scenesEdit
R3-T2 first appeared in the 1977 original trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. In the new Star Wars canon, the droid was first identified in the 2016 reference book written by Michael Kogge included in the Star Wars: R2-D2 Deluxe Book and Model Set. The designation originated in the Star Wars Legends continuity, where it was first used on a "R3-T2 (Arthree-Teetoo)" card in the Special Edition Limited expansion set of the Star Wars Customizable Card Game, which was released by Decipher, Inc. in 1998.
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: R2-D2 Deluxe Book and Model Set (First identified as R3-T2)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: R2-D2 Deluxe Book and Model Set
- ↑ Star Wars: R2-D2 Deluxe Book and Model Set establishes that R3-T2 is an astromech droid, which is a second class droid, according to Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 R3-series astromech droids are 1.09 meters tall. As Star Wars: R2-D2 Deluxe Book and Model Set shows R3-T2 to be an R3-series astromech droid, it must be 1.09 meters tall. states that
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: R3-T2 (Arthree-Teetoo))