R3-T6 was an R3-series astromech droid that served the Galactic Empire and had astronavigational duties on board the first Death Star. In 0 BBY, the astromech droid was on board the Death Star when the battle station was attacked by the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the Battle of Yavin.
During the battle, the droid rolled down one of the station's corridors and passed the Sith Lord Darth Vader before he gave the order to launch TIE fighters to combat the rebels. The station was destroyed by the Alliance soon after. R3-T6 had a white chassis with a red trim and a clear dome. As an R3 unit, it was part of Industrial Automaton's R-series of astromech droids and stood 1.09 meters tall.
Behind the scenes
In the new Star Wars canon, the droid was first identified in the 2016 reference book written by Michael Kogge included in the Star Wars: R2-D2 Deluxe Book and Model Set. The name originated in the Star Wars Legends continuity, where it was first used on an "R3-T6 (Arthree-Teesix)" card in the A New Hope Limited expansion set of the Star Wars Customizable Card Game, which was released by Decipher, Inc. in 1996.
- Star Wars: R2-D2 Deluxe Book and Model Set (First identified as R3-T6)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: R2-D2 Deluxe Book and Model Set
- R3-series astromech droids are 1.09 meters tall. As Star Wars: R2-D2 Deluxe Book and Model Set shows R3-T6 to be an R3-series astromech droid, it must be 1.09 meters tall. states that
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Yavin to 0 BBY.
- The Making of Star Wars
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – A New Hope Limited (Card: R3-T6 (Arthree-Teesix)) (backup link)