R4-D6 was a dark blue R4 astromech droid that served the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the Galactic Civil War against the Galactic Empire. In 0 BBY, it was present in the hangar bay of the Great Temple on Yavin 4, a structure being used as the headquarters of the Alliance. It rolled beneath the snout of an T-65B X-wing starfighter being prepared to attack the Imperial Death Star superweapon as the Jedi Luke Skywalker and the smuggler Han Solo argued about whether Solo was staying to aid the Alliance in the coming battle.
Behind the scenesEdit
R4-D6 first appeared in the 1977 original trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. The droid was then first identified in the Star Wars Legends reference book The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, which was released in 2008. The name was then first used in canon by the video game Disney Infinity 3.0 when it was released on August 30, 2015. Despite the game's non-canon status, Lucasfilm Story Group member Pablo Hidalgo confirmed on Twitter that the names it uses for film characters are considered canon.
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Disney Infinity 3.0 (First identified as R4-D6)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 R4 courier droid. Star Wars Rebels (October 16, 2014, 11:11 pm). Retrieved on September 27, 2015, 12:46 am. "When Grand Moff Tarkin ordered the destruction of the primary communications tower on Lothal, the Empire used courier droids as a means to physically transport data." (screenshot)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Disney Infinity 3.0
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- ↑ screenshot) (