R4-M9 was an Imperial agromech droid of the R4-series, tasked with vehicle and computer maintenance, before being deployed on the Star Destroyer Devastator. While stationed on the Devastator, he was used by the Galactic Empire and accompanied the 501st Legion ordered by Darth Vader in order to pull data concerning the stolen Death Star plans from the Tantive IV 's computer banks during the Imperial capture of the Rebel Blockade Runner.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Hasbro has released two R4-M9 figures in two separate 2002 figure lines. The first figure, on a Power of the Jedi card, comes with a small black mouse droid.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: R4-M9) (First identified as R4-M9)
- Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive
- "Set Piece"—Star Wars Insider 55
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 69 (CRI3, Crisis on the Tantive IV)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia