The R4 astromech droid was a model of R-series astromech droid manufactured by Industrial Automaton. It was identical in appearance to the R2 series astromech droid, except that its dome was conical instead of hemispherical. The official Press Corps of the Galactic Empire used repurposed R4 units as courier droids, as a means to physically transport data. The R4-P astromech was a modified model of the R4.
- (Picture only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 12 (Databank A-Z: Cosians–Dagobah) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Droid Depot (toy line)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 79 (Databank A-Z: Zabrak–Zillo Beast) (Picture only)
- Rise of the Separatists (First identified as R4 astromech droid)
- Droid Depot (mobile app)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 R4 courier droid. Star Wars Rebels (October 16, 2014). Retrieved on September 27, 2015. "When Grand Moff Tarkin ordered the destruction of the primary communications tower on Lothal, the Empire used courier droids as a means to physically transport data." (screenshot)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home"
- ↑ Before the Awakening
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ Rise of the Separatists