R5-232 was an R5 unit with white, black, grey and blue plating and silver sensors. Like all R5 astromech droids, it was manufactured by Industrial Automaton and stood ninety-seven centimeters tall.
In 13 BBY, the droid was present in Coronet Spaceport in Coronet City on the planet Corellia. It was standing close to the front of a queue for one of the spaceport's customs gates while the scrumrats Han and Qi'ra bribed emigration officer Falthina Sharest in the next queue over.
Behind the scenesEdit
R5-232 was created for the 2018 Anthology film, Solo: A Star Wars Story. The droid was first revealed prior to the film's release as part of a Star Wars: Droid Factory toy set produced by Hasbro Inc. earlier in 2018.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- (First mentioned)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Look and Find (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded states that all R5 units are manufactured by Industrial Automaton and stand ninety-seven centimeters tall. As R5-232 is shown to be an R5 unit in Solo: A Star Wars Story, it must share these characteristics.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Solo: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ establishes that R5-232 is an astromech droid, which are second class droids according to Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia.
- ↑ Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide dates the events on Corellia in Solo: A Star Wars Story, which includes R5-PHT's appearance, to six years after the formation of the Galactic Empire. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the formation of the Empire to 19 BBY, therefore the events on Corellia must take place in 13 BBY.
- ↑ Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- ↑ David Martin (April 4, 2018). New Disney Parks Droid Factory Astromech Set Is Out. Rebelscum.com. Archived from the original on September 16, 2018. Retrieved on September 16, 2018.