R5-232 was an R5 series astromech droid with white, black, grey and blue plating and silver sensors. Like all R5 astromech droids, it was manufactured by Industrial Automaton and stood ninety-seven centimeters tall.
In 13 BBY, the droid served the Galactic Empire and was present in Coronet Spaceport in Coronet City on the planet Corellia. It was standing close to the front of a queue for one of the spaceport's customs gates while the scrumrats Han and Qi'ra bribed emigration officer Falthina Sharest in the next queue over.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
R5-232 was created for the 2018 Anthology film, Solo: A Star Wars Story. The droid was first revealed prior to the film's release as part of a Star Wars: Droid Factory toy set produced by Hasbro Inc. earlier in 2018.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First mentioned)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Look and Find (Picture only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded states that all R5 series astromech droids are manufactured by Industrial Automaton and stand ninety-seven centimeters tall. As R5-232 is shown to be an R5 unit in Solo: A Star Wars Story, it must share these characteristics.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Imperial Astromech Droid and Stormtrooper. Star Wars Authentics. The Topps Company, Inc. Archived from the original on November 16, 2020. Retrieved on November 16, 2020.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide dates the events on Corellia in Solo: A Star Wars Story, which includes R5-PHT's appearance, to six years after the formation of the Galactic Empire. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the formation of the Empire to 19 BBY; therefore, the events on Corellia must take place in 13 BBY.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- David Martin (April 4, 2018). New Disney Parks Droid Factory Astromech Set Is Out. Rebelscum.com. Archived from the original on September 16, 2018. Retrieved on September 16, 2018.