R5-G19 was an R5 series astromech droid that served in the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the Galactic Civil War against the Galactic Empire. In 4 ABY, the astromech droid was stood beside another astromech in the briefing room of the MC80 Star Cruiser Home One when members of the Alliance leadership, including Admiral Gial Ackbar, Mon Mothma, and General Crix Madine, gave a briefing to the assembled rebels on their plans to attack the Empire's Death Star II superweapon in the Endor system. The Home One later took part in the successful attack.
Behind the scenes
R5-G19 was created for the 1983 original trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi. The briefing room scene was filmed on Stage 5 at Elstree Studios between February 12 and February 25 in 1982. The droid was first identified in 2014 when it received an action figure in the Star Wars: The Black Series line released by Hasbro.
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
Notes and references
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded states that all R5 series astromech droids were manufactured by Industrial Automaton and stood ninety-seven centimeters tall. As R5-G19 is stated to be an R5 unit in , it must have shared those characteristics.
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi to 4 ABY.
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- The Making of Return of the Jedi