The RIC-series was a reliable, yet unsophisticated, labor automaton, roughly humanoid in shape, and propelled by a pair of disc-mounted treads. The design remained unchanged for centuries. RIC droids possessed limited artificial intelligence, with only rudimentary programming to carry out their tasks.
RIC droids found fame as nuna-ball players during the leadup to the Clone Wars; the Serv-O-Droid team beat AccuTronics' B1 team in a Nuna-Ball League game on Commenor. The agility, speed and endurance of the RIC droid team proved effective against the stronger B1 side. These games were popular among the patrons of several Coruscant nightclubs, including the Outlander.
Behind the scenesEdit
The RIC-series droid is referred to as an ES-PSA droid in the novelization of Attack of the Clones.
- Star Wars Galactic Spy
- (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones novelization (as ES-PSA droid)
- Star Wars: Episode II — Attack of the Clones 3
- The Clone Wars: Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shades of Reason"
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Visual Dictionary
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 66 (RIC1-4, RIC-920 Rickshaw Droid)
- Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (As "RIC series droid")