- "RJ-909, you're too close. Break right—"
- ―A TIE pilot warning RJ-909
RJ-909 was the designation of a human TIE fighter pilot who served the Galactic Empire's Starfighter Corps during the Imperial Era. When the Imperial cadet Han Solo attempted to escape from the Carida Academy in a stolen TIE fighter on the planet Carida sometime between 13 BBY and 10 BBY, RJ-909 and a number of TIE pilots gave chase, led by the academy's flight instructor, Yurib Nakan.
As the pilots attempted to shoot him down, Solo maneuvered around the fighters, putting RJ-909 in the flight path of another fighter. Despite the other pilot's warnings, RJ-909 could not break away in time, killing them both when the two fighters collided with each other. Not long after Solo's subsequent capture, Nakan displayed a hologram of the collision while reprimanding the cadet in his prison cell.
Behind the scenesEdit
RJ-909 first appeared in the first issue of the comic-book miniseries Star Wars: Han Solo - Imperial Cadet, though only the character's TIE fighter was shown in the comic. It was written by Robbie Thompson, illustrated by Leonard Kirk, and published by Marvel Comics on November 7, 2018.
- Han Solo - Imperial Cadet 1 (First appearance) (Starfighter only)
- Han Solo - Imperial Cadet 2 (Appears in hologram) (Starfighter only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide establishes that Han Solo served in the Imperial Navy between six to nine years after the formation of the Galactic Empire, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 19 BBY. The events of Han Solo - Imperial Cadet 1, including RJ-909's death on Carida, take place during Solo's time in the Imperial Navy, therefore sometime between 13 BBY and 10 BBY.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Ultimate Star Wars establishes that the TIE fighter pilots of the Galactic Empire were all humans.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 Han Solo - Imperial Cadet 1
- ↑ Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Han Solo - Imperial Cadet 2