- "My name, for the record, is Rackham Sear of Quarzite. I am a captain of the Confederacy of Independent Systems and I do not seek the mercy of tyrants."
- ―Rackham Sear, to Depa Billaba
Rackham Sear was a male Kage who served as a captain in the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars. He was also brother to fellow Kage warrior and confederate officer, Colonel Coburn Sear.
Biography[edit | edit source]
- "The Jedi are the bad guys, fighting against freedom and self-determination. Now, I came here prepared to battle Knights, One Initiate will not slow me down."
- ―Rackham Sear, to Caleb Dume
Believing that the Jedi had sided against liberty and justice, Sear obtained a holographic layout of the Jedi Temple from the bounty hunter Cad Bane, and he and General Kleeve orchestrated an attack on the temple. Sear entered the temple's air ducts and released mini-drone explosives throughout the facility, putting the Jedi inhabitants into a state of emergency. While setting explosives on the central spire on the roof of the temple, Sear was confronted by Caleb Dume, a Jedi youngling, and Jedi Master Depa Billaba. Sear managed to fight off the two Jedi, but was unable to complete his mission as Billaba destroyed his explosives. Realizing he was outnumbered, Sear released the last of his miniature explosives and leapt from the roof of the temple to his death, rather than be spared by the Jedi.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Like other Kage Warriors, Rackham Sear Sodi wore dark colored clothing, including a hood that covered his face. He carried a pair of electro swords. During his attack on the Jedi Temple, he utilized explosive mini-drones. He also made use of a Belbullab-22 heavy starfighter.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Kanan 7 (First appearance)
- Kanan 8 (First identified as Rackham Sear)
- Kanan 9 (Indirect mention only)