- "Ragnar VIII is remote and defendable and need not fear casual attempts at military action."
- ―Special unit threat assessment report by New Republic Captain Zgorth'sth
Ragnar VIII was a remote astronomical object located in the Ragnar system, a part of the Merel sector in the Outer Rim Territories. The home offices of the Ragnar Syndicate, a chapter house of the Bounty Hunters' Guild, were located on Ragnar VIII, leading to the celestial body being considered the homeworld of the house. Ragnar VIII was listed as the Ragnar headquarters in an entry for the house included in the Bounty Hunters Guild Handbook.
Captain Zgorth'sth of the New Republic eventually compiled available information on the Ragnar Syndicate as part of a threat assessment report focusing on various special units. Zgorth'sth claimed the syndicate would be able to defend Ragnar VIII against New Republic military actions and instead suggested to assorted New Republic military leaders that bounties should be posted on individual Ragnar bounty hunters.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Ragnar VIII was first mentioned in the 1994 sourcebook Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters, written by Rick D. Stuart for West End Games' Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Ragnar system, and therefore Ragnar VIII, in grid square Q-18.
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters (First mentioned)
- "Special Military Unit Intelligence Update"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 15
- The Bounty Hunter Code: From the Files of Boba Fett