- Alex Winger: "Civilized? You call what the Judicator did on Janara III civilized?"
- Brandei: "The High Inquisitor's orders came from the Emperor himself. The Rebel stronghold there..."
- Alex Winger: "There was no Rebel stronghold there, and you know that! You saw the destruction yourself. Innocent children and their families were murdered by your weapons!"
- ―Alexandra Winger and Captain Brandei[src]
- "My father was one of the Emperor's High Inquisitors,the Jedi executioners who were more ruthless observers of His Imperial Will. He must have been looking for you and others like you. A thousand or more lives to find one little girl and a handful of Jedi hopefuls."
- ―Jaalib Brandl
In 6 BBY, High Inquisitor Adalric Cessius Brandl was part of an Imperial armada sent to destroy a town on Janara III that was reported to be a hive of Rebel activity that harbored Jedi-in-hiding. With Brandl leading the task force that included the Imperial-class Star Destroyer Judicator, the city of Sreina was completely destroyed, and thousands of innocent civilians massacred.
However Brandl did not realize that a young Force-sensitive child survived the assault.
Sifting through the rubble of one homestead, Lieutenant Chanceller, a young officer, pulled a small unconscious six year old girl out of the wreckage; Alexandra. Chanceller's superior, Senior Lieutenant Brandei, who had not known of Brandl's true orders, chose to take the child to be adopted by Imperial Governor Tork Winger of Garos IV.
- "Turning Point"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 5 (Mentioned only)
- "Passages"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 7 (Mentioned only)
- "A Glimmer of Hope"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 1 (First mentioned)
- (Mentioned only)
- "Whispers in the Dark"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 2 (Indirect mention only)
- "Mission to Zila"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 3 (Indirect mention only)
- "Betrayal by Knight"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 12 (Mentioned only)
- (Mentioned only)