While searching for Separatist activity on Naboo, security forces intercepted and destroyed several CIS scouts and captured a tactical droid. After the droid was taken back to Theed to be dismantled, it was discovered that it had been to an area of swamp. Meanwhile, a local Gungan herder, Peppi Bow, discovered that the river had been contaminated, and joined Padmé Amidala and Jar Jar Binks on their search for the base.
After finding the base, Padmé and Jar Jar were captured, with Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano sent to investigate. They managed to located the compound and created a diversion, allowing Anakin and Obi-Wan to get in while Ahsoka fought off droids. Vindi heard the explosion and had his prisoners tortured, in an attempt to delay Anakin. Clone troopers arrived by gunships, and began to clear out the lab of droids. Padmé and Jar Jar are freed by Anakin who then chased Vindi to his landing platform. After seeing Anakin coming, Vindi activated the detonation sequence to the bombs, each of them carrying strains of the virus in its gaseous form. After reaching the landing platform, Obi-Wan met up with Anakin and the two jumped onto the landing platform. Vindi threw several of the capsules containing the virus, only to have Obi-Wan jump off and catch them. Anakin then confronted Vindi, during which the doctor managed to gain the upper hand. Before he could finish Anakin off, Vindi was knocked out by Peppi Bow. Back in the lab, several clone troopers were able to deactivate the detonation sequence on the bombs, seconds before they were supposed to blow up.
After the initial raid, Anakin and Obi-Wan left the compound to take Nuvo Vindi back to Theed. However, while they were away, a droid released the virus, causing the facility to lock-down with Ahsoka, Padmé, Jar Jar, and some clones to be trapped inside. Anakin and Obi-Wan meanwhile went to Iego to find a cure for the virus. The few remaining battle droids then started slicing the exits, hoping to escape the lab and release the virus into Naboo's atmosphere. The remaining Republic forces in the lab began to pick off the droids before they could break out. While being attacked by droidekas, the bio-hazard suit Padmé was wearing became breached and she was infected with the virus. However, she continued on and eventually, the remaining droids had been destroyed. Rex stated that the clones were born to serve the Republic, and Padmé said she that she hoped that their sacrifice would help bring peace to the galaxy, a sentiment confirmed by Ahsoka. Soon after, Ahsoka herself lost consciousness, due to the virus. Before the virus could take its toll on Padmé and Ahsoka, Anakin and Obi-Wan arrived with the cure, freeing the survivors from the contaminated compound.
Behind the scenesEdit
The raid appeared in The Clone Wars TV series Season One episodes "Blue Shadow Virus" and "Mystery of a Thousand Moons", which premiered together on February 13, 2009 as part of a one-hour special. The web comic The Valley led into the raid.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Blue Shadow Virus" (First appearance)
- The Clone Wars: Planets in Peril
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mystery of a Thousand Moons"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Visual Guide Ultimate Battles
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Official Episode Guide: Season 1
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1
- ↑ "Republic HoloNet News Core Edition 14:4:14"—Star Wars Insider 67
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mystery of a Thousand Moons"
- ↑ 5.00 5.01 5.02 5.03 5.04 5.05 5.06 5.07 5.08 5.09 5.10 5.11 5.12 5.13 5.14 5.15 5.16 5.17 5.18 5.19 5.20 5.21 5.22 5.23 5.24 5.25 5.26 5.27 5.28 5.29 5.30 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Blue Shadow Virus"
- ↑ The Essential Reader's Companion dates the Star Wars: The Clone Wars film to 22 BBY, while The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 8 (22 BBY 101–102, Spying for the Senate) dates "Senate Spy" to late 22 BBY. Since places "Blue Shadow Virus" between The Clone Wars film and "Senate Spy," it can be concluded that "Blue Shadow Virus" also takes place in 22 BBY.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 The Clone Wars: The Valley
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2