Background[edit | edit source]
- "We identified the terrorists almost immediately; it was the Mummers. They never suspected that their communications were tapped, or maybe they just didn't care."
- ―Sergeant Bragg, to a trooper
While known as a peaceful haven prior to the rule of Palpatine, Naboo became infested with criminal gangs and organizations during the rule of the Galactic Empire. At the time of the Galactic Civil War, the Mummers were a strong presence on the planet. Lieutenant Dunnels of the RSF Intelligence Division had gathered that, in addition to their usual bootlegging, the Mummers were involved in a terrorist attack in the capital city of Theed. RSF officer Harriet Brunser came up with a simple plan to solve this problem: namely, to raid the Mummers' headquarters outside of Theed. However, Mummers were known to often use toxins in combat. Lieutenant Dunnels, a RSF science officer, was thus tasked to produce neural boosters to help protect against the Mummers' toxins during the attack.
The raid[edit | edit source]
- "Start by going to their base and softening up their defenses. After that, you'll go after their leadership, but I'll let you know when to pursue that."
- ―Sergeant Brunser, to a trooper
Brunser dispatched an unknown number of RSF troopers to raid the bunker in a mission consisting of three stages. The objective of the first stage was to thin the Mummer numbers by eliminating some of its most dangerous members. From her command post in the Theed Hangar, Brunser ordered the RSF agents to specifically aim at killing Mummer Salvers, Toxers, and Banes, whom she considered to be essential to the Mummers' terror operation.
Having disposed of a large proportion of Mummers, the RSF agents were ordered by Brunser to locate and disarm nine dangerous biochemical bombs, which were scattered all over the Mummer base. The bombs were intended to be an integral part of the Mummers' terror operation. Subsequently, the RSF agents received an order from Brunser to locate and destroy the local Mummer leaders, the Chief Scientist Crimsol Vaighn and the Commander Jaye Hawkson. The RSF agents succeeded in assassinating both leaders, and subsequently escaping the base.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
- "Excellent work, trooper. The terrorists have been neutralized. I think the Mummers will be less of a problem for quite a while."
- ―Sergeant Brunser, to a trooper
The raid left the Mummers severely crippled, rendering them unable to complete their planned terror operations. The RSF agents were recommended and were dispatched on many other missions against the Mummers and the other criminal organizations pestering the lives of the peaceful residents of Naboo.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Guide: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Champions of the Force (Card: Bring Terror to the Terrorists)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Legacy Quest: "Help with the aftermath of the Terrorist attack" on Naboo
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Point of Interest: "Imperial vs. Gungan Battle" on Naboo
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Legacy Quest: "Rescue Karl Eckner " on Naboo
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Legacy Quest: "Bring Terror to the Terrorists" on Naboo
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Legacy Quest: "Help Lt. Dunnels with ingredients to make Neural Boosters" on Naboo
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Legacy Quest: "Tap the Communications of the Four Major Criminal Groups" on Naboo